The following are some design resources for making a website for a nonprofit organization:
- Checklist (really long) for designing a nonprofit site: http://www.shayhowe.com/web-design/tips-for-designing-a-non-profit-website/
- Nonprofit website example and best practices: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/05/14/non-profit-website-design-exa...
- More examples of good nonprofit designs: http://designm.ag/inspiration/non-profit-websites/
- TechSoup provides nonprofits with technical advice: http://techsoup.org/
- TechChange trains leaders to leverage relevant technologies for sustainable social change: http://techchange.org/
- GroundWire helps nonprofits use technology to engage: http://groundwire.org/
- For accessible design tips, check out http://www.ada.gov/websites2.htm, http://webdesign.about.com/od/accessibility/Web_Accessibility.htm, http://oaa-accessibility.org/, http://www.openajax.org/index.php, or http://html.cita.illinois.edu/
- Taproot has a tool to help nonprofits scope pro-bono work called Project Finder.